This recipe comes from Market Kitchen on the Good Food channel. It is listed as Butternut Squash Soup with Sausage, but I have renamed it since it uses most autumn root vegetables. It is ridiculously easy to make and so, so satisfying on a crisp, autumn day. Try it!
7 Juniper Berries
1 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds
1 Butternut Squash- peeled, seeded amp; chopped
2 small Sweet Potatoes- Peeled and chopped
2 Parsnips- peeled and chopped
2 Carrots- peeled and chopped
2 tbsp Olive oil
6 spiced sausages
salt amp; pepper- to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Crush the juniper berries and caraway seeds with a pestle and mortar.
- Put all the veg, oil, spices and salt & pepper in a large roasting pan and mix with your hands until the veggies are well coated with oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes (until golden and soft). Turn over once halfway through cooking to make sure they are roasted evenly.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Fry sausages in a pan.
- Puree the vegetables and add water to make desired soup consistency.
- Return soup to pan, warm through and serve with sliced sausages.